Monday, May 21, 2007

Great Sea Monkey Puppet

click to enlarge photo
Sea Monkey from Everybody Loves Pirates, photographed by Richard Sassaman for The Frogtown Mountain Puppeteers. Richard Sassaman wrote me and told me a bit about how the photo came to be.

"i really admired the Frogtown Mountain Puppeteers, two brothers and a sister who were doing shows in our area of Maine, and volunteered to do some videotaping for them, then I also took their official postcard photo at the Bar Harbor town pier.

Their most popular show, probably, is the one about pirates. They wanted a bunch of photos for it, so we went and I shot them at the Pirate's Cove miniature golf course just outside town. My next-door neighbor, a rugged old New Englander named Paul, became the 'greenskeeper' there after he retired from his auto mechanics job, and he let us use the place one morning before it opened to the public."

Now I'm dying to see the show. Any show that features a Sea Monkey is aces with me, but throw in puppets and pirates and I don't see how it could be anything less than spectacular.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just found a video of excerpts from the Frogtown Mountain Pirates show online. The Sea Monkey puppet is featured from 5:05—6:17.

Miles said...

Thannk you