Thursday, May 24, 2007

And so it starts (again)

Spring is in the air, so Sea Monkey's are on my desk.

I decided to test out my Sea Monkey Nursery. I like that it's wider and shallower for better gas exchange, but I don't care for the lids with the holes on top as they allow more dust in than the original tank's side holes.

I added the water purifier, packet one, yesterday, waited my 24 hours, and at 9:30 this morning I added packet 2, "Instant Life."

It probably was instant, but it was about 90 minutes later that I first saw little dots swimming about. No matter how many times I've done this its always a thrill to see the little guys for the first time as they spiral and twirl around the tank. An hour later they were spreading out rather than huddling in the corners. I'm guessing I have about a half dozen to a dozen in there now.

I just turned the thermostat in our office up to 72 degrees. It'll be a constant battle with the secretaries who like to keep it around 68. Luckily I sit closer to it than they do. (Wow, I really am a geek aren't I?!)

At 2:15 I noticed three guys swimming all the way to the surface of the tank.

I should have more sea monkeys swimming around tomorrow. Check back then.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eloo there was wondering if u know where i could find sea monkey products in singapore, the ones without the tanks. Cos i would like to buy more food products separately. Thanks.

ajipzz@yahoo.com.sg

KLJ said...

I'm looking into that for you. I'll get back to you soon.

KLJ said...

I haven't had much luck.
But you might fair better asking Mr. Myagi, http://miyagi.sg/
He keeps Sea Monkeys, and since he's in Singapore he'd hopefully do better than I at tracking down your Sea Monkey refills and extras.

Anonymous said...

may i know where u bought the sea-monkey pack?
is there any retail outlet in singapore selling it with tank?
thanks.

Becky said...

I am wanting to purchase a sea-monkey kit soon, I just purchased a triops kit from online. I just found your site via Google, and it's already helpful. I'm looking for info on sea-monkeys and triops both. Once I get mine, I plan on blogging my progress as well.